[Tutor] An OO question as relates to Python.

andy surany mongo57a@comcast.net
Sun, 20 Oct 2002 16:50:22 -0400

--Boundary_(ID_1LtsjT3OygtYAoa4FLCLKw)

Hi all!

It has been a long time since I did much programming - and consequently, I am relatively new to OO techniques. (It probably shows from some of the previous questions that I have put forward to the group)

I understand the concept of classes (or think that I do....) and in fact, I've written a program in which I create a couple of classes - and "borrow" a couple from the work of others. So my question is really one of reference to a class - specifically in Python. In general, how do you maintain a reference to a class - which means, how do I really reference the functionality in a routine belonging to one class from another? I seem to be doing fine within a single class - but multiple classes are giving me problems.

Perhaps one of you could refer me to a good online work on the subject...... or throw some good examples my way.

TIA

--Boundary_(ID_1LtsjT3OygtYAoa4FLCLKw)

<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=windows-1252">
<META content="MSHTML 5.50.4522.1800" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=2>Hi all!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>It has been a long time since I did much programming - and
consequently, I am relatively new to OO techniques. (It probably shows from some
of the previous questions that I have put forward to the group)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>I understand the concept of classes (or think that I do....)
and in fact, I've written a program in which I create a couple of classes - and
"borrow" a couple from the work of others. So my question is really one of
reference to a class - specifically in Python. In general, how do you maintain a
reference to a class - which means, how do I really reference the functionality
in a routine belonging to one class from another? I seem to be doing fine within
a single class - but multiple classes are giving me problems.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>Perhaps one of you could refer me to a good online work on the
subject...... or throw some good examples my way.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>TIA</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

--Boundary_(ID_1LtsjT3OygtYAoa4FLCLKw)--