[Tutor] Interfacing to the web

Danny Yoo dyoo@hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Wed Oct 23 13:41:03 2002

On Wed, 23 Oct 2002, andy surany wrote:

> (addendum to last response)
>
> I guess what I would really love to have is a generic browser written in
> Python where the source is available. Then I can mod the source to
> provide what I need......
>
> Anybody out there ever develop a python browser???????

The Mozilla web browser has Python hooks that we can use to puppet the
browser.  We can find more information here:

    http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Downloads/Komodo/PyXPCOM/

    http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/webservices/library/co-pyxp1.html

I'm being vague here because I simply haven't had time to try out an
example for myself yet.  Simply speaking, I have no clue if this will
work.  *grin* If someone can get a working PyXPCOM example, perhaps a
summary of the experience would be helpful for people on Tutor?

Good luck to you!