[Tutor] Python & wxWindows Question

Jeff Shannon jeff@ccvcorp.com
Wed Oct 23 13:54:01 2002

James.Rocks@equant.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Anyone know anything about wxWindows being used with Python?

Take a look at wxpython.org.  Most of wxWindows has been wrapped for
convenient use from Python, and wxPython's creator (Robin Dunn) has also added
a fair number of convenience features that make things even easier.  Don't
forget to check out the wxpython-users mailing list, which tends to be very
helpful.

> I want to use a control on a dialog that allows me to update it at runtime
> (text, colour, font etc.) and i wondered if anyone here knew much about
> this kind of thing ... what I don't want is a box that halts program
> execution i.e. the display must change and the program continue.

This should be fairly simple to do with just about any GUI toolkit, as Alan
mentioned.  It's certainly possible with wxPython.

Jeff Shannon
Technician/Programmer
Credit International