[Tutor] Sounds [pygame]

Danny Yoo dyoo@hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Sun Oct 27 16:40:01 2002

On Sun, 27 Oct 2002, Kyle Babich wrote:

> Dumb question, how do I play a sound (wav, wma, or mp3) or display an
> image (gif, bmp, jpg, jpeg)  from the command line?

Hi Kyle; it's nice to hear from you again!

We can handle the sound and image part with the Pygame module:

    http://pygame.org/
    http://pygame.org/docs/ref/Sound.html

I think pygame can handle mp3 and wav's, but I'm not so sure about wma's.
For that, you probably need to do something Windows-specific.  Try asking
on the python-win32 list, and I'm sure someone there might know how to get
wma files to play.