[Tutor] What uni course to do?

Alex Gillis Gillisai@btinternet.com
Tue Oct 29 18:25:35 2002

------=_NextPart_000_0043_01C27FA1.3C170900

I'm on a gap year at the moment, coz i got cold feet about the =
theoretical physics course i was gonna do.  I thought I'd ask you advice =
on what course you'd recommend coz you're a bunch of technically minded =
people who have probably been through it. =20

Anyway basically I want to do something with a lot of problem solving =
eg. maths, physics, programming.  I get bored easily and then won't work =
then but on the flip side if something interests me I'll stay up all =
night learning/playing with it.  I lose interest if I'm supposed to use =
something without understanding it or practicing something a lot which =
I'm never going to use outside of a test.  I also like graphics though I =
wouldn't go out my way to include this in a course.. =20

Finding a uni where i can tailor my course sounds good, that way i can =
cut out the mass amount of context in society and theory crap they teach =
on some courses and also keep up with all the areas that interests me.  =
I don't really agree with the hard edge definitions between programming, =
maths and physics, they're kinda like the trinity (ponder that one if =
you will).

Any help/advice would be much appreciated and very useful.

------=_NextPart_000_0043_01C27FA1.3C170900

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I'm on a gap year at the moment, coz i =
got cold=20
feet about the theoretical physics course i was gonna do.&nbsp; I =
thought I'd=20
ask you advice on what course you'd recommend coz you're a bunch of =
technically=20
minded people who have probably been through it.&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Anyway basically I want to do something =
with a lot=20
of problem solving eg. maths, physics, programming.&nbsp; I get bored =
easily and=20
then won't work then but on the flip side if something interests me I'll =
stay up=20
all night learning/playing with it.&nbsp; I lose interest if I'm =
supposed to use=20
something without understanding it or practicing something a lot which =
I'm never=20
going to use outside of a test.&nbsp; I also like graphics though I =
wouldn't go=20
out my way to include this in a course..&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Finding a uni where i can tailor my =
course sounds=20
good, that way i can cut out the mass amount of context in society and =
theory=20
crap they teach on some courses and also keep up with all the areas that =

interests me.&nbsp; I don't really agree with the hard edge definitions =
between=20
programming, maths and physics, they're kinda like the trinity (ponder =
that one=20
if you will).</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Any help/advice would be much =
appreciated and very=20
useful.</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0043_01C27FA1.3C170900--