[Tutor] linux/unix-friendly python

Rob rob@uselesspython.com
Sun, 8 Sep 2002 14:28:59 -0500

I'm working on putting together a quick overhead view of python for my local
linux users group, and figured I'd hit the list for ideas on making a zippy
presentation.

What I don't have in mind is to teach people "how to program", but instead
to show some of the nifty built-in features that demonstrate python's
suitability for system administration and other tasks. So I thought it might
be a good idea to hit up the tutor list for thoughts on what might be ideal
to mention in a situation like this, in which I'll have only one session to
make a good pitch. Several members of this group have already embraced or at
least flirted with python, and I expect a warm reception.

So far I'm jotting down notes from the Library Reference and from personal
experience. But since a lot of python people seem to use linux a lot more
than I do, I'd bet some can point out better ideas than those I would think
of personally.

Rob
http://uselesspython.com