[Tutor] need info

Daniel Yoo dyoo@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU
Thu, 12 Sep 2002 16:34:54 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 13 Sep 2002, [iso-8859-1] Juan Carlos Coellar wrote:

> hello all! i am brand new to this mailing list
> i  don=92t know none about PYTHON
> I enjoy build a simple project electronics from
> computer ibm ,through the printer port lpt1
> from BASIC , it=92s outdate language ......ugh!
> This is a simple function in BASIC:
>                OUT& h378, #
> ?How i do ,to control through printer port
> (IBM or compatible PC)  from PYTHON
> ?Is it possible that replace the  sentences :
>                OUT&h378,#
> any suggestion would be appreciate

Hello!

There is a module called "winioport" that you can probably use to control
your printer port.  You can find the module here:

    http://www.geocities.com/dinceraydin/python/indexeng.html

This windows module should allow you to control the printer port.  I'm not
on a Windows machine at the moment, so I can't test this module out yet,
but other people on the list might be able to help you.

If you're running Linux, the Linux Gazette magazine wrote an example about
controlling the printer port with Python:

    http://www.linuxgazette.com/issue49/pramode.html

Please feel free to ask more questions.  Good luck to you!