[Tutor] imaplib append() question

Kyle Babich kyle@sent.com
Sun, 15 Sep 2002 11:50:09 UT

I'm trying to use imaplib's append() to upload messages locally to an
IMAP server.  The files are .eml's and .txt's.  The guy who runs the
server told me that it seperates the header from the body with two
newlines, but no matter how I go about this I still get the same
response from the server: ('NO', ['Message has no header/body
separator']).  I think my problem is that I am representing the two
newlines incorrectly and that is where I need help.  I've tried opening
the files in notepad and hitting the enter twice where the header of
the mails meets the body and I've tried using \n\n but I still get the
same message.  What am I doing wrong?

Thank you,
--
Kyle