[Tutor] Bayespam...questions?

Tim Peters tutor@python.org
Thu, 19 Sep 2002 16:36:28 -0400

[Steve Lewis]
> I have downloaded the bayespam from sourceforge, when unzipped it leaves a
> file with the extension .pik. For the life of me, i cant find a reference
> to that extension in any of my online sources.  Need help.  What is the
> extension and a pointer or two on how to use it for spam protection.

The file is a binary pickle of a classifier instance.  If that didn't make
any sense, you're doing fine <wink>:  the file was there just to make it
easy for developers on the project to share it.  I've removed it now, so
nobody else falls into this trap.  There's really nothing useful you can do
with it!  The spambayes project is in a research phase now, and has nothing
to offer that's useful to users.

think-of-it-as-a-cocktail-napkin-with-scribbled-notes-ly y'rs  - tim