[Tutor] I don't get it

Kirk Bailey idiot1@netzero.net
Sat, 21 Sep 2002 00:53:41 -0400

OK, I think I detected a burned out light bulb.

See, I absorbed all this the eclectic way, no schooling. There's probably holes
all through my brain regarding computing.

Tell me about factoring please?

Um, well, I'm not totally ignorant. Just ALMOST ignorant.

It's the idea of breaking some task down logically into component steps, then
coding those, and building up a program with all these steps. You need to
clearly outline the process it must perform.

This also seems to have a secret love affair with the idea of algorithms,
processes not defined in any  programming language, to accomplish some task.

Maybe I should go steal a few introductory computer science books?

Yigal Duppen wrote:

end

Respectfully,
             Kirk D Bailey