[Tutor] Attachments

Danny Yoo dyoo@hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Tue, 24 Sep 2002 00:17:51 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 23 Sep 2002, Stephen Harris wrote:

> The recent email with attachments came from Derrick 'dman' Hudson and
> had legitimate sounding subjects. The attachments that I checked were
> named: ATT00171.txt and ATT00174.dat on one particula file.
>
> I thought it odd, that there was no message which sometimes introduces
> code that is sent as an attachment. No text in the main email window, as
> in where I am typing now. I never open attachments unless the source is
> trusted.

Very true.  Using the 'pine' email program, Dman's attachments show up
correctly as PGP signature files; here's what it looks like to me:

###
    [ Part 2, Application/PGP-SIGNATURE  248bytes. ]
    [ Cannot display this part. Press "V" then "S" to save in a file. ]
###

So there is real content in that attachment, but I wonder why your email
program is trying to do weird things with it.  In any case, there
shouldn't be important attachments on the Tutor mailing list, so you don't
have to open any of them here.

> And ya never know, maybe some of these pyhtonistas are hacklings.

Hmmmm... I wonder...

###
dyoo@coffeetable:~$ wordnet hackling  -hypev

Synonyms/Hypernyms (Ordered by Frequency) of verb hackle

1 sense of hackle

Sense 1
heckle, hackle, hatchel
       => comb
           => straighten, straighten out
               => change, alter
###

Yes, that's right.  We do try to straighten messy programs.  *grin*

I hope you have a good evening!