[Tutor] HTMLgen

Andrzej Kolinski AKolinski@nriindustries.com
Tue, 24 Sep 2002 11:59:06 -0400

I'd like to work with the HTMLgen package but I am encountering some
difficulties. (I hope) I succeeded with its installation - I ran HTMLtest
and the program generated most of the HTML files (I replaced regex with re,
and there was another I had to remove completely). I was able to run a
simple code at the C: prompt:

C:\>python
>>> from HTMLgen import *
>>> p = Paragraph("bla, bla/n, bla")
>>> print p
<P> bla, bla
bla</P>

But when I wanted to run the same test within IDLE I got:

>>> from HTMLgen import *
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<pyshell#0>", line 1, in ?
    from HTMLgen import *
ImportError: No module named HTMLgen

I suspect I have some kind of installation/setup problem, but I don't know
what the problem is.

I have another question regarding the use of HTMLgen. How can I insert a
simple text file to my HTML page? Open ti, readlines, write, but how?

Thanks

      Andrzej