[Tutor] Outlook Express

Erik Price erikprice@mac.com
Wed, 25 Sep 2002 07:10:52 -0400

On Wednesday, September 25, 2002, at 03:08  AM, Allyn Weaks wrote:

> Sender is the best bet because it's rarely forged, and indicates where
> the message is actually coming from.  This list does include a Sender
> line, so you're home free.  For lists that don't have one (unusual, but
> it happens) examine the headers for other header lines that are always
> present, are unique to the list, and are unlikely to occur by accident.

In theory, the "List-ID" header is designed for this very purpose (I
think).  Unfortunately, certain mail clients (I think older ones) don't
faithfully reproduce the header, so once in a while a message that was
filtered by List-ID ends up in my main Inbox.

For Python Tutor, I have a rule that filters based on the presence of
the string

     tutor.python.org

in the List-ID header.  It works most of the time.

Erik

--
Erik Price                                   (zombies roam)

email: erikprice@mac.com
jabber: erikprice@jabber.org