[Tutor] [Fwd: Please help, I'm a newbie]

Rob Brown-Bayliss rob@zoism.org
27 Sep 2002 18:34:09 +1200

On Tue, 2002-09-24 at 02:02, Dick Kniep wrote:

> Having searched a little further, it looks a little less weird, but I still
> do not understand what is happening. It seems that the error occurs on the import
> of the routine. But I still don'y know what is happening here....

It looks like columns isn't defiened becuase of the indentaion.  Also
are you sure there is a 'columns' ?

I know you define it in the init routine to be and empty [] but what
happens if the calling routine passes a None to the columns variable?
Then there is no columns variable (I think).

Try doing a print columns just before the error to see exactly what
columns is.

--

*
*  Rob Brown-Bayliss