[Tutor] help How do I use a program I built in linux

Peter Dudleston dandudle@msn.com
Mon, 30 Sep 2002 03:01:28 -0600

Help

Hello Everyone

I have decided to join the linux revolution and I need some help I have
python2.2 pre-installed with this version of linux "mandrake" and I was
wondering what do I type at the shell to run my programs do I need to make a
new directory because no matter what I change the directory to I can't run
my programs for example I have one called now which just tells you the time
and I saved it as now.py and I can't get it to run no matter what it says
that the command doesn't exist does anyone have anything they can tell me
"keep in mind I'm a very newbie to this envirment" so if you could explain
it in lame mans terms I would really appreciate it thanks for all you help
everyone and talk to you all soon

Sincerely Danny D