[Tutor] silly auto-responder

Danny Yoo dyoo@hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Wed Apr 2 20:39:02 2003

On Fri, 28 Mar 2003, Rick Pasotto wrote:

> Why do I keep getting that silly auto-responder telling me to check the
> FAQ?
>
> I'm *answering* a question, not asking one.

It happens to me on occasion too.  *grin* Mailman sends the message when
it thinks that the user is a first-time poster.  The problem is that it
appears to have a short term memory!

We haven't updated Tutor to use the newest version of the Mailman mailing
list software --- we may transition to it pretty soon.  Perhaps it will
fix the auto-responder bug.  But if not, it might be a good opportunity
for a bug hunt.