[Tutor] about indexing program

Abdirizak abdi a_abdi406@yahoo.com
Wed Apr 9 23:49:02 2003

--0-293633342-1049946489=:34564

Hi,

I was trying to understand and run a program which indexes a files in XML directory the program is from this webpage which has a lot of python recipes:

http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python/Recipe/155582

when I try to run it gives an error which is as follows:

  Shelf.__init__(self, anydbm.open(filename, flag))
  File "C:\Python22\lib\anydbm.py", line 86, in open
    return mod.open(file, flag, mode)
  File "C:\Python22\lib\dbhash.py", line 16, in open
    return bsddb.hashopen(file, flag, mode)
error: (2, 'No such file or directory')

it is also compalaining about this import statement:

from TextSplitter import TextSplitter

is there any module for this "TextSplitter" ?

I am runing the program by passing to it an XML file as argument.

Can anyone help me figure out what is going on how I can make this program work ?    I would also appreciate some comments about it ?

thanks in advance

--0-293633342-1049946489=:34564

<P>Hi, </P>
<P>I was trying to understand and run a program which indexes a files in XML directory the program is from this webpage which has a lot of python recipes:</P>
<P><A href="http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python/Recipe/155582">http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python/Recipe/155582</A></P>
<P>when I try to run it gives an error which is as follows:</P>
<P>&nbsp; Shelf.__init__(self, anydbm.open(filename, flag))<BR>&nbsp; File "C:\Python22\lib\anydbm.py", line 86, in open<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; return mod.open(file, flag, mode)<BR>&nbsp; File "C:\Python22\lib\dbhash.py", line 16, in open<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; return bsddb.hashopen(file, flag, mode)<BR>error: (2, 'No such file or directory')<BR>&gt;&gt;&gt; </P>
<P>it is also compalaining about this import statement: </P>
<P><EM>from TextSplitter import TextSplitter</EM></P>
<P>is there any module for this "TextSplitter" ?</P>
<P>I am runing the program by passing to it an XML file as argument.</P>
<P>Can anyone help me figure out what is going on how I can make this program work ?&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;I would also appreciate some comments about it ?</P>
<P>thanks in advance&nbsp;</P>
--0-293633342-1049946489=:34564--