[Tutor] Any good way to read Tutor mails?

Sean 'Shaleh' Perry shalehperry@attbi.com
Sat Apr 19 19:17:01 2003

On Saturday 19 April 2003 14:53, pan@uchicago.edu wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> For a long time I've been wondering how you guys read
> and reply the py Tutor emails. Is there any package,
> any module that can let you read one specific message
> and just hit one [reply] button to reply that message
> to either the sender or the list?
>
> The commonly-used email clients seem to fail in this
> regard, and I have been bothered by having to cut and
> paste the message body when replying.

The mailer I use (kmail from KDE under Debian Linux) gives me three options:

if I press 'ctrl-l' I get "reply to list" and only the list is replied to.
This works because I have told kmail that the folder I sort python-tutor mail
into contains the mailing list "tutor@python.org".

if I press 'ctrl-r' I get the standard reply-to honoring.

if I press 'ctrl-a' I get "reply to all" which replies to the first address
and cc's everyone else.

This works well for me.