[Tutor] Clipboarding...

Roger Merchberger zmerch@30below.com
Tue Apr 22 15:58:09 2003

Okay -- I guess my last question was prolly too general/vague or something,
as I didn't get any responses... No matter. I plinkered around with things,
said "forget the class stuff for now," plinkered around a bit more, and got
my script working... ;-)

Now, here's my question(s):

I've done quite o'bit of googling around for how to work the clipboard, and
I finally stumbled across a win32clipboard module for Python, and I got it
working. However, I was also hoping for my proggie to be cross-platform
compatible with Linux (and maybe MacOS, for others that might want to run
my utility) -- is there cross-platform compatible clipboard Python modules
out there, or will I have to have a seperate version for each ported OS?

=-= and while I'm here ;-) =-=

I haven't googled much for this, but while I've bent everyone's
ear...  I've found (or been directed towards) good tutorials on Python and
on the Tkinter module... but is there a good beginner's tutorial on the OOP
and class areas of Python? This is where I need the most help -- I've been
a Basic/Perl/APL/Cobol/etc/etc/etc hack for years... but I've done *very*
little with classes and OOP programming; and I think Python might be the
language to change that... but _Programming Python_ was rather "steep" for
me, altho I did read most of it, but the way it bounced in and out of OOP /
Classless / Global modes, I'm more confused now than less...

Any pointers on this would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks!
Roger "Merch" Merchberger

--
Roger "Merch" Merchberger -- sysadmin, Iceberg Computers
zmerch@30below.com

What do you do when Life gives you lemons,
and you don't *like* lemonade?????????????