[Tutor] Comparing lines in two files, writing result into a third file

stuart_clemons@us.ibm.com stuart_clemons@us.ibm.com
Wed Apr 23 08:16:48 2003

Yes, that's the good news !  The input files will always be sorted.
Thanks.

                      "R. Alan Monroe"
                      <amonroe@columbus        To:       stuart_clemons@us.ibm.com
                      .rr.com>                 cc:       tutor@python.org
                                               Subject:  Re: [Tutor] Comparing lines in two files, writing result into a third file
                      04/23/03 08:13 AM
                      Please respond to
                      "R. Alan Monroe"

> I have two files, file1.txt and file 2. txt, each containing numbers.  I
> want to compare the numbers in the files and put an asterisk at the end
of
> the numbers that match, writing the result into a third file, .

Are the input files always going to be sorted?

Alan