[Tutor] No Console

Lloyd Kvam pythontutor@venix.com
Sat Aug 2 09:02:03 2003

If you use the extension .pyw or explicitly use pythonw, rather than python
to execute the script, no window is created.  The normal windows behavior
(at least in NT,2K,XP) in a command file, should be to kick off the program
and then immediately continue execution within the command file.  Effectively,
your python script is in the background.  To make it a Windows Service, is
a bit more work, but well documented in "Python Programming on Win32".