[Tutor] wiki madness grows one you like a brain fungus

Kirk Bailey idiot1 at netzero.net
Sun Aug 10 12:58:51 EDT 2003

Raymond Hettinger wrote:
> [...]
Know why I wrote it that way?

Cause I don' comprehend re worth a damn is why. Thanks for the words of power. I
will try it.

> For Py2.3, the "in" keyword works just like your isin() function:

Hoa about 1.5.2? OLd server, alas. Due for upgrade REAL SOON NOW...

>     if 'http://' in word:
>
> In wordsplit(), there is a bug -- you meant to return (newword, extras)
> instead of (word, extras).  Also, building the strings through
> character appends is very slow -- use str.join instead.
> Also, the search runs faster if "punctuation" is kept in a dictionary.

oops... wil fix soonest.

> Overall, the code is fairly compact and nice.
My blushes sir, thank you! :-)
> Considering using docstrings instead of prolific comments on every line.
> The code will look *much* more beautiful.
Hmmmm...

At least I comment generously. You want to look at the inspiration, piki?
Wonder guy, but Martin don' comment worth a tinker's scream in hell. That sort
of programming is, um, mysterious. Rather, that sort of MINDSET is a mystery.

> Raymond Hettinger
>

>>--
>>
>>end
>>
>>Cheers!
>>         Kirk D Bailey

end

Cheers!
         Kirk D Bailey

  +                              think                                +
   http://www.howlermonkey.net  +-----+        http://www.tinylist.org
   http://www.listville.net     | BOX |  http://www.sacredelectron.org
   Thou art free"-ERIS          +-----+     'Got a light?'-Promethieus
  +                              think                                +

Fnord.