[Tutor] chain gangs revolting still

Kirk Bailey idiot1 at netzero.net
Tue Aug 19 22:38:37 EDT 2003

OK, I want a python program to start another one on completion, replaceing the
first in the existing space, NOT running another one cocurrently. This involves
the os.exec*() series of commands.

NOTMALLY, the program is invoked as a url, as
http://www.tinylist.owg/cgi-bin/wikinehesa.py/FrontPage
where FrontPage is the name of the page being read.

I want the editor to invoke the reader to display the just saved edited page.
The program should invoke the other program, which lives in the same directory
as it does. The command should tell the wiki program what the name of the page
to be viewed is in such  manner that the normal mechenism for receiving this
data will operate and accept the pagename.

How do I do that? My first attempt is a barkingatthemoon dog of a failure. I
have never worked with such functionality before in python, and have no idea
what I am doing here.

end

Cheers!
         Kirk D Bailey

  +                              think                                +
   http://www.howlermonkey.net  +-----+        http://www.tinylist.org
   http://www.listville.net     | BOX |  http://www.sacredelectron.org
   Thou art free"-ERIS          +-----+     'Got a light?'-Promethieus
  +                              think                                +

Fnord.