[Tutor] Re: another problem

Lee Harr missive at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 23 16:06:17 EDT 2003

>Ok, I managed the missing glade problem, now there is another problem.
>The following errorline occurs (1 line! sylpheed wraps it)
>
>(gui.py:270): libglade-CRITICAL **: file glade-xml.c: line 1172
>(glade_xml_build_interface): assertion `wid != NULL' failed
>
>The "270" changes, what is this number?
>Any ideas about the error? I confess, i didn't do much about it yet, but
>I have no idea where to start either ... :(

Hi;  I am not using that program, so these are just educated guesses:

gui.py is the name of the python module that is having a problem.
270 is the line number in that file where it is having a problem.

Looks to me like it is importing an extension module (a python module
written in C) which is raising an assertion and causing the whole problem.

wid != NULL is saying that it does not have a handle on a window.

So, maybe you found a bug, or maybe you just have some kind of version
skew (ie, requires libglade-0.53 but you have libglade-0.47)