[Tutor] program doesnt work

Terry Carroll carroll at tjc.com
Mon Dec 8 03:50:34 EST 2003

On Mon, 1 Dec 2003, Udz wrote:

>  >at the very end of your program?  I suspect that Windows is closing your
> >program down automatically.  t's a common issue for console-based programs
> >on Windows, that your program may actually be running fine, but may simply
> >be finishing too quickly for you to see it.
>
>  I hardly doubt that is the case, since my program requires input from
> the user at various points throughout execution, but i'll try it
> anyways. thanks!!

You may have a syntax or other error that prevents it from running
correctly, and then when Python ends with an error, the console window
automatically closes, as it should.

I usually do all my Python development by opening a command window, and
running the programs from the command prompt, to avoid this.

--
Terry Carroll
Santa Clara, CA
carroll at tjc.com