[Tutor] do_it()

Karl Pflästerer sigurd at 12move.de
Thu Dec 11 15:20:20 EST 2003

An unnamed person wrote:

> Wow you are right, I had no idea a function could return two
> lists.  So yes, you could then reduce everything to just one function
> instead of writing a class.  From what I've read though, OO is superior to
> writing functions because you are then able to:

You don't write functions if you write OO style?  What are methods then?
 Or do you mean functional style compared with object orienttated style?

> 1) model your problem better

Why?  IMO it depends on the problem.

> 2) reuse code

That's also perfectly possible with eg. code written in a functional
style or imperative style (what are the libs in C? clearly code reuse).

> 3) ultimately spend less time finding the best solution

I think that's true for every programming style you have a lot of
practice in.

   Karl
--
Please do *not* send copies of replies to me.
I read the list