[Tutor] Pinging some requested IP with Python - usefull or not & some really basic examples needed ...

TADEY tayi177 at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 16 05:25:10 EST 2003

Hello again ...

- I realized, that the bigest barrier, when having basic knowledge (after reading, and making examples from one or two tutorials), knowing at least elementary commands, functions, etc., ... is starting to make (write own code for) programs on your own ...

So I would be more than happy, if any of "moderators" (those, who has their own tutorials written and post here on mailing list), or anyone else here, reading tutor-mail list, would post some examples here, or probably better - send me them on my mail adress. I just need really basic, (but a little bit more complex - on a litle bit higher level), but still completely basic program examples.

- Like, I have an idea (got it from one guy posting his question here - so it is actually his idea then) of writting some code, simple as possible, in Python, to ping my ISP from time to time (somewhere between 5 - 10 minutes). I am downloading music a lot, and having problems, that after there is no other activity (browsers, mail, etc.) for some time, ISP sometimes disconnect me. And I really don' want to install any program for this as they called it: "stay connected" option. Of course, if this is possible by Python, but I suppose it is.

Actually, I would use those programs only, if someone here, who knows a lot about Python, would tell me, that in this case (running Python code for pinging some IP), Python would consume much more RAM, and other resources, than having some Pinging-type "stay connected" program running during intenet connection.

Thanks, and please I would be happy to get as much examples you can send (of really simple code as possible, but on slightly higher level, than tutorials are written) ...

Tadey - tayi177 at hotmail.com