[Tutor] Changes to wxTextCtrl get repeated

Stanfield, Vicki {D167~Indianapolis} vicki.stanfield at ROCHE.COM
Tue Dec 16 12:44:32 EST 2003

I have a gui that I am working with which contains, among other things,
two wxTextCtrls. When I change the style of the first one, the second
one exhibits behavior consistent with the change even though I don't
actually change the code that creates it. Is there some kind of
on-the-fly inheritance that I am not aware of? Specifically, I am
changing the style from  wxTE_READONLY to
wxTE_READONLY|wxTE_WORDWRAP|wxTE_MULTILINE for the first box and want to
leave the second box as wxTE_READONLY. If there were a wxTE_SINGLELINE,
I could simply add that to the second one, but I'd rather understand the
behavior I am seeing. Anyone?

--vicki