[Tutor] Calling dlls from python

Daniel Ehrenberg littledanehren at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 17 21:26:09 EST 2003

http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2002-April/095937.html
> that there is a "calldll" module but I am not sure
> where to look?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Todd

I can't find it, but CTypes performs the function of
reading dll's, which is probably what you want to do.
It can also work on Linux and other Unixes, including
Mac OS X. It also can be used to create and manipulate
C datatypes. Here's a testimonial from their main
page:

I am using it and much prefer it to the calldll/windll
... easy to use, well documented ... - Ben C

There are a bunch of others that say how much easier
it is to acess windows internal functions, but it's
probably the same as with calldll.

Daniel Ehrenberg