[Tutor] Beginner ...

Tyron Rohland trohland at absamail.co.za
Sat Dec 20 18:28:53 EST 2003

Running: win 2000 prof

I was told to use a text editor such as notepad to create a program for use with Python. I write the little program
i.e
>>> the_world_is_flat = 1
>>> if the_world_is_flat:
...     print "Be careful not to fall off!"
Be careful not to fall off!save it as test.pyThen i go onto the ' IDLE (Python GUI), choose open and is opened in another window. I choose run and it gives me 'invalid syntax.As I am a beginner please feel free to give me pointers and please try not to use such technical language.Thank you. Your help is most appreciated.Tyron