[Tutor] Finding out what causes the crash

Charlie Clark charlie@begeistert.org
Tue Feb 4 12:26:11 2003

On 2003-02-04 at 18:00:00 [+0100], Magnus Lycka wrote:
> Well, there are other errors besides Syntax Errors...
>
> Does this line get executed successfully with other data, or do they all
> fail?
It works inconsistently with the same data 8-(
Problems are occur after about every 150 INSERTs

Other parts of the script have been fine with up to 5000 INSERTs at once.

> >One of the offending lines is:
> >Arztkammer None, PT-Kammer None, KV 20, KV-Nr 6121101, PT-Nr None
>
> Are types correct for all values? is there a problem with None/NULL? In
> what way are the bad different from the lines you managed to insert?

Not at all really. I'll try and pass some empty strings in to see what
difference that makes.

> Do I understand correctly that this just causes a windows applcation
> crash? No Python traceback etc? This suggests that the crash happens in
> code written in C or C++, in your database module.

It causes python.exe or pythonw.exe depending which is running. I do not
get a traceback so I don't know if running python -d makes much difference.
I do suspect the driver (psycopg) and am in touch with the author Ferderico
di Gregorgio about it.

> Maybe you should ask on a mailing list for your database driver, or on
> the db-sig mailing list?

will do, thanx

Charlie