[Tutor] Sun says: Don't use Java, use Python!

alan.gauld@bt.com alan.gauld@bt.com
Tue Feb 11 19:18:02 2003

> of the things that I do like about Java is that it forces the
> programmer to split their code up into separate files
> ....Each file contains its own public class.

Thats one of the many things I dislike abut Java.
The unit of reuse is not the class but what Boochj calls the class
*category* (a package in UML, except package can mean other things too)

A category is a group of coupled classes where they are all
required to produce the reuse function. These categhories should
ideally be implemented in a single file to make redistribution
and configuration control easier. Javba breaks that model and
thereby introduces major headaches in configuration management
when categories get reused across projects.

However I won't say any more about Java today -  its bad for
my bloodpressure!

Alan G