[Tutor] List exercise

alan.gauld@bt.com alan.gauld@bt.com
Wed Feb 12 10:56:25 2003

> tutorials (change objects to subjects :-). It's their way to
> give examples with pitfalls. When you want to show something clearly you
> possibly end description and make an example;  when you want to give a
problem to
> solve, you set up a pitfall. Both together make the learner think s/he has
> missed the clarification.

OK, Interesting point. I now need to revisit my tutor to see if/when I
fall into that trap. I guess that is a bigger problem with paper books
since web tutor authors get copious feedback(trust me on this! :-) and
have opportunity to fix ambiguities progressively. Paper authors have
to await the print schedules of their publisher - which are driven
by sales volume not technical accuracy!

Thanks for clarifying,

Alan G