[Tutor] Saving data to be retrieved later.

Scott Widney SWidney@ci.las-vegas.nv.us
Fri Feb 21 15:41:06 2003

>  Hey everyone, I'm a bit new to python, and I don't know much
> more than the basics of programming in general.
> I'm trying to find a bit of help, but websites/tutorials
> haven't been very informative in the ways I need them to be.
> Basically what im trying to do, is save a bunch of statistics
> to seperate files, so they can be called on later. If
> you are familiar with muds, i'm trying to work with pfiles. I
> just thought I would make a single player text based
> game for my friends and I to play. I have some neat ideas,
> and I think I know how to implement them, But I
> will of course need a way to save our characters! :)

A short while ago, Andrew Wilkins <toodles@yifan.net> received help from
this list for the very same thing. A quick search of the archives could
provide you with some valuable information (IIRC, (c)pickle was the answer
for him). He also attached the finished code to one of his messages. You
might also email Andrew to see if he can send you a copy of his code.

Scott