[Tutor] serial connection was: adding a listbox

Deirdre Hackett Deirdre Hackett" <deirdrehac@lycos.co.uk
Mon Feb 24 11:54:02 2003

> Yes, I'm on Windows 2000 now. (I usually use Linux
> however) For some reason, it only works with "import
> Serial" and "Serial.Serial(0, timeout=1)". For whatever
> reason, when I execute the serial part of the code by
> calling the callback, I get this:
>
> module has no attribute Serial

I think that this means that yes you have imported the module Serial but
that it does not have a method called Serial.

> When I use "Serial.serial(0, timeout=1)", I get the
> same thing:
>
> module has no attribute serial
>
> So what exactly is an attribute? Isn't it a function
> within that module?
I think that is exactly what it is but I am no guru and have no inspired
answer to give you.
Maybe it has something to do with your operating system and the fact that
you cannot call:
import serial
I have never had any problems with it unlike everything else.

Sorry I am not any help.
Deirdre