[Tutor] RE: Prime Numbers

ahimsa ahimsa@onetel.net.uk
Tue Feb 25 14:03:01 2003

Brett, Ike, Gerrit, Timothy (sorry, if I have left anyone out):

Thank you all for replying to my query - in truth, I have to confess it w=
as=20
far more info than I needed, but was useful in a number of ways:

1. It helped me realise that the algorithm that I was trying to draft som=
e=20
working code to figure out primes was *hopelessly* inadequate to the task=
=20
required
2. It helped me realise that actually a simple sounding problem (find the=
=20
prime numbers between 1 and 28, for e.g. ) is actually a seemingly very=20
complex problem
3. I don't feel too bad about not being able to work it out myself given =
the=20
fairly sophisticated (from my perspective) code that you folk fed back to=
 me
4. There is - as always - still so much to learn, and that I will revisit=
 this=20
problem when I have a clearer understanding of what is required and how t=
o=20
think through the terms of the problem.
5. And, thank you for the code snippets: I file these away for later revi=
ew=20
and I am happy to be able to report that I am obviously learning more tha=
n I=20
realise since the code no longer looks entirely like a strange Martian=20
dialect.

Once again - thanks, and so, till next time ... all the best

Andrew