[Tutor] Debug

Adam Vardy Adam Vardy <anvardy@roadrunner.nf.net>
Tue Jan 7 19:00:41 2003

Tuesday, January 7, 2003, 7:14:51 AM, you wrote:

>> you hit Run, you probably got a prompt?  How did you answer it? And
>> what happened after that?

>> OK, Here's what I'm  doing step by step:

Thanks Alan!

>> Open Python win
File->>Open  select debug.py

Don't have a 'debug.py' file. But I tried another.

>> Select a line in my code and hit F9 - Toggle Breakpoint
>> *Hit the "Sprinting man" icon in toolbar
>> *Hit OK in dialog box

Ok. Only that's the prompt I was referring to, I think.  Which has 3
fields, and Browse Ok, and Cancel.  How are your fields set?

Select View_>>Toolbars->debugging
>> In the debug toolbar hit GO (black arrow)
>> Code runs to breakpoint

Actually, mine went again to the same part:

                else:
                        # Can't find the source file - linecache may have it?
                        import linecache
                        line = linecache.getline(filename, lineno)
                        print "%s(%d): %s" % (os.path.basename(filename), lineno, string.expandtabs(line[:-1],4))
                        return 0

def _doexec(cmd, globals, locals):
        exec cmd in globals, locals

--