[Tutor] OT: 42?

Magnus Lycka magnus@thinkware.se
Thu Jan 9 21:55:03 2003

At 00:58 2003-01-10 +0100, Gregor Lingl wrote:
>I must confess, that I have this novel on my bookshelve

Which of them? ;) If I remember correctly, it's one of
those trilogies that consists of at least five books,
right?

Actually, I never read the fifth book "Mostly Harmless".
Is it as good as the others?

I don't know about your background, but in my circles,
among electronic engineers and programmers in G=F6teborg
born in the 60's or 70's, you'd have a social problem if
you hadn't read Douglas Adams and watched Monty Python.
In Stockholm you'd be lost if you hadn't read Terry
Pratchett. (Or maybe that's a generation thing?)

Hm... It seems fantasy authors manage to make trilogies
trilogies, but when we get out in space, the works that
are long know as trilogies tend to grow... Asimov, Herbert,
Adams...

--=20
Magnus Lycka, Thinkware AB
Alvans vag 99, SE-907 50 UMEA, SWEDEN