[Tutor] A little security

John Hazen john@hazen.net
Sat Jan 11 16:22:02 2003

Hmm, given that you specify that you're writing a CGI, it's possible
that noone has offered help because this is not a python issue.

The thread you referenced was about implementing a HTTPS *server*, not
a CGI.  So, yes.  There is an easier solution.

You need to configure your *web server* (not your python CGI) to
support SSL.  Your CGI will not need to be modified.

But, we don't know what server software you are using, so can't help
there.  (And it's beyond the scope of this list.)

However, a quick googling yields these (possibly helpful) links:

http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/SSL-Certificates-HOWTO/
http://en.tldp.org/HOWTO/SSL-RedHat-HOWTO.html
http://tud.at/programm/apache-ssl-win32-howto.php3

Good luck!