Fw: [Tutor] Database driven web sites with python [Phil and Alex's Guide to Web Publishing]

Danny wheelcrdan@hotmail.com
Mon Jan 27 18:17:01 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Danny Yoo" <dyoo@hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu>
To: "Danny" <wheelcrdan@hotmail.com>
Cc: <tutor@python.org>
Sent: Tuesday, January 21, 2003 10:25 AM
Subject: Re: [Tutor] Database driven web sites with python [Phil and Alex's
Guide to Web Publishing]

> On Fri, 17 Jan 2003, Danny wrote:
>
> > Quick and easy question, can you use python to build database driven web
> > sites. Thanks ahead of time for everyone help, and have a great
> > weekend...
>
> Out of curiosity, what kind of database-driven web site are you thinking
> of building?
>
> If you haven't seen this already, you may find "Phil and Alex's Guide to
> Web Publishing" a useful (and amusing) web book to browse through:
>
>     http://philip.greenspun.com/panda/
>
> In particular:
>
>     http://philip.greenspun.com/panda/databases-interfacing
>
> talks about the basics of writing database-driven sites.  He uses a
> programming language called Tcl/Tk to implement his site, but you can
> translate that code to Python pretty easily.  And even with the book's
> non-Python focus, it gives a lot of good ideas that you can use to help
> build your site.
>

> Good luck to you!

Hello everyone! :)

The kind of site i was building is really simple idea.  They want to add to
a all ready existing site... They want to add a page that they can log into.
Then go to
a another page. Which is a database that lists their clients for them.. So
they can be any where, and know where who their clients are.

I recomended it to be database driven..  Because they can easily update it,
without having to know any code.

"I know how to sell a page thats what I do for a living.   :)  :)" But I'm
really tring to learn to program so I can build and sell a web page.  So I
can make more $$$ :)  :) :).. Hope everyone had a great day, and thanks to
everyone responded to my emails..

Danny Dudleston