[Tutor] Stopping program execution

Sean Abrahams Sean Abrahams <sa@sfsu.edu>
Thu Jan 30 19:09:47 2003

I have a web script that checks to see if the user has a session
cookie. If not, I want to display a page saying 'no session found,
please login. yadda yadda yadda', and not execute the rest of the
script. Thing is, I check for the session cookie through a separate
module.

import session
id = session.checkSession()
# for example

If there is a session, the id is returned, otherwise the error message
is printed.

Right now, I have the error message printing fine, but it continues to
execute the rest of the script, which is not the behavior I'm looking
for.

How do I halt the script when it detects no session? Or, is there a
better way to do this?

def sessionCheck(session):
    try:
        id = session["id"]