[Tutor] is it a right choice?

Kirk Bailey idiot1@netzero.net
Mon Jul 7 21:49:07 2003

payal, I started learning FreeBSD, and began hammering sh/bourne shell scripting into my
concrete skull (brains of gold, skull of feroconcrete), and I wanted to write some
scripts. Language of choice appeared to be perl. Tried, bounced. Tried again, bounced.
Sigh. then I discovered python. And this list.

I took off like wildfire. I kept annoying my other half with the phrase 'this is too
easy...', and asked a huge number of questions   here, and searched the docs on the site
like mad.

And I wrote some useful real world software. in 7 weeks. I went from ZERO to working
list server #1.

I am not bragging. I am using myself as an example of how this language is easy to
learn, flexible, and powerful. I still find perl a puzzle. But I love my python.

And the snake charmers here are all friendly, and we love Monty Pythonistic humor, and
never a  bad pun.

So if you are thinking of becoming a snakecharmer, come on in!

--

end

Cheers!
         Kirk D Bailey
                               think
http://www.howlermonkey.net/ +-----+ http://www.tinylist.org/
http://www.listville.net/    | BOX | http://www.sacredelectron.org/
                              +-----+
"Thou art free"-ERIS          think    'Got a light?'-Promethieus

Fnord.