[Tutor] "from future import division"?

Terry Carroll carroll@tjc.com
Tue Jul 15 02:36:01 2003

On Tue, 15 Jul 2003, Abel Daniel wrote:

> it's
> from __future__ import division
>
> note the two underlines on both sides of 'future'.
>
> (If the underlines are missing in the book, it's most likely a typo.)

Thank you to you both.  "from __future__" works correctly.

It is indeed a typo in the book.  I should have checked the errata page
first; that's the very first error listed:

 http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/pythonian/errata/pythonian.confirmed

--
Terry Carroll        |   "I say to you that the VCR is to the American
Santa Clara, CA      |   film producer and the American public as the
                     |       Jack Valenti, MPAA President
Modell delendus est  |       Testimony before Congress, 1982