[Tutor] looking for data in large text file

Quentin qsc@icon.co.za
Tue Jul 15 12:42:02 2003

Hi All
Newbie here.
I want to lookup a list in a large text file (hunderd or so lines). The
list I then use in a combobox.
Got the wxComboBox figured out, and how to load it with a list.

I want to keep the lists for various comboboxes in one text file. This
makes it easier to edit via other means besides Python. (Something like
a Windows .INI file with all your settings in it).
But how do I look for a list in a text file without have to readline the
whole file?

I keep on refering to lists, with that I mean the list that loads into
the combobox, not necessary the way it is stored in a text file.

Please, no code, just some suggestions. I need to figure out the code
for myself.

Thanks
Quentin