[Tutor] Looking for some utilities

Marc Barry marc_barry@hotmail.com
Fri Jul 25 10:43:12 2003

Mike:

I think that UltraEdit (http://www.ultraedit.com/) is the best windows text
editor on the market.  Although it isn't free.  It allows for Python (and
many other languages) syntax highlighting and has a number of tabs at the
top of the screen that allow you quickly jump from one text file to another.
  It works perfect for exactly what you have described.  It also has builtin
FTP and so you can load and save your files directly to the FTP server.  It
really is agreat product, although I think it costs about $35.00 US.

For a free FTP client Free FTP is okay
(http://members.aol.com/brandyware/free.htm).  It supports a lot of
languages.

Sorry, no comments for the file manager.

Marc

From: Mike Wagman <mwagman@charter.net>
To: Python List <tutor@python.org>
Subject: [Tutor] Looking for some utilities
Date: 25 Jul 2003 08:31:36 -0500

I am having to move my development environment  for a program I am
working on from linux to windows, and I am looking for some utilities to
run on windows.

A text editor that supports tabs. While IDLE works great for an editor.
I use a number of information files that I update while I code.
Variable names, functions, to do list, change log, etc and would like to
run them all in one program.

FTP software. Nothing fancy but free with the ability to remember a log
on.

A 2 windows configurable file manager, similar to worker, or gentoo, or
if you remember the old amiga DirWorks,Dir Opus, Disk master.

I know this is a little off topic but I figured there were plently of
people on this list that would know.