[Tutor] Boa ? Bugs Oh Acetominiphin ? Sorry I know it's great BUT>>>>>

RASTM2@aol.com RASTM2@aol.com
Sun Jul 27 13:01:08 2003

In a message dated 7/27/03 11:01:37 AM Central Daylight Time,
tutor-request@python.org writes:

> Have a look at Boa Constructor:
>  http://sourceforge.net/projects/boa-constructor/
>  It will help you with both your questions. (And help you build and
>  understand GUI's.)
>  Also, spend some time with the Demo that came with wxPython.

I'm having trouble with a documented bug in the Boa readme file.

--------8<---------<from the Bugs file>

Sometimes (but rarely)
[(I only wish it was rarely)ed.]

Boa crashes at startup while opening files in the Editor.
[ No. It crashes every time I load it. ]

To get around it you may start Boa with the command-line switch -E which will
start with an empty Editor. I don't think it's a Boa bug.

</squash the Bugs file>

Seams the Boa team does't know quite what is wrong.
They recommend ensuring that the wxPython file version is compatable
with the current Python installation.

Really, I've been to the Doc's on this one and have found nothing
else I can do. WHAAAAA

I'm running wxPython ver(2.4.1.2u) -- Python 2.2.3c1 and also MarkH.'s
Pythonwin32 extensions. And some time ago I fed a unicode patch to
this WinBox  from MS Upgradesite -- I wonder......

I've played around with anygui and Tcl\Tk and wxPython and Visual Python but
I was really looking forward to trying Boa.

If you know of someone that has struggled with this, and suceeded
can ya point s/he my way?

In the mean time I'll be searching the old Google file.

Thanks,
Ya'll do a real nice service for us, and I appreciate ya lettin me vent.

Ray
Rastm2@
(Ja)ol.comeandgetthespaminator <-- disassemble # 5