[Tutor] help

Alan Gauld alan.gauld@blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Jul 30 04:29:01 2003

> of continueing writing the program and running it later. it then as
soon as
> i press enter orders me to "enter the width:"

You are trying to enter your program at the >>> prompt.

You need to use the File->New menu to create a new blank window and
type it in there. Then save it as a file ending in .py. You can
run it from within the IDE(either IDLE or Pythonwin) or by double
clicking the file in Exoplorer(assuming you are on Windows)

For IDLE check out Danny's IDLE tutor which covers this with
screenshots
Its on the IDLE pages of the Python web site.

Alan G