[Tutor] documentation

Alan Gauld alan.gauld@blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Jun 3 17:04:02 2003

> thought about as "perhaps the doc could be
> laid out so people could read at the level
> they are comfortable at" I would definately
> agree to.

I dunno if you've seen the downloadable TCL
tutor? It is a Tk application whereby you can
select the level from beginner, intermediate
or expert.

The expert level is just the man pages,
intermediate a condensed version of the beginner
stuff. Its very clever and I did consider a project
to build a Python equivalent, in fact in principle
you could use the Tcl one since the material is in HTML.

However the other neat feature is that includes
live exercises where the student can type in commands
and execute them or fix pre written ccommands which
are faulty. Its one of the best tutors I've seen for
any language and very comprehensive too.

The url is:

http://www.msen.com/~clif/TclTutor.html

for the curious :-)

Alan G.
And its on the CD ROM for readers of my book! :-)