[Tutor] Query re: IDLE & Slackware 9.0

Tom Plunket py-tutor@fancy.org
Tue Jun 3 20:08:02 2003

Tireseas wrote:

> I am wanting to use Idle on Slackware 9.0 but cannot seem to call it up using
> the command line, and there aren't any menu items for it. Nor can I seem to
> find it buried within the Python directory. I was under the impression that
> Iddle came as standard issue with Python releases. Has anyone else any
> experience with this and if so, how did they work it through??

IDLE is a python script that's installed in Windows under
$PYTHON/Tools/idle/.  You could do "locate idle.py*" to see if it
turns up anywhere on your system.  When you locate it, you can
just launch it from there.  (Or maybe it's easily accessible via
typing "idle.py" on the command line?)

good luck-

-tom!