[Tutor] The course of M. Gauld +a console problem

Poor Yorick gp@pooryorick.com
Tue Jun 10 10:29:02 2003

Guillaume wrote:

 > in a console window but this consol disappears immediately after the
 > prog completes
 >
 > its execution so that I can't read the output :'(
 >
 > Even when i'm using Pythonwin.
 >
 > I read that in a book (I forgot the author sorry)
 >
 > "An alternative approach is to launch the prog using a .bat file
 > containing a
 >
 > statement such as python -i helloworld.py that instructs the
 > interpreter to enter
 >
 > interactive mode after prog execution."

Here's how my system is set up:

  From windows explorer:

Tools - File Types - .py - Advanced - New
     Action = 'Run and Remain'
     Application used to perform action = cmd.exe /k
C:\Python22\python.exe "%1" %*

This gives me a menu 'Run and Remain' menu item when I right-click on a
.py file.

Poor Yorick